Project Care Case Jump Starts a New Duck Race Season
Austin, TX, March 8, 2014 – Connie Bellows, Project Care Case founder, along with several, wonderful kids (several not pictured here unfortunately), got the 2014 Round Rock SERTOMA Annual Rubber Duck Race off to a great start this past Saturday! In spite of rain and generally yucky weather, she and her team sold 111 ducks at the Wal-Mart near Concordia College and 4-Points off of Hwy 620.
Other teams were out as well, quacking their plastic quackers, and reaching out for support from those coming by.
As always, 60% of the proceeds go to Dell Children’s Hospital (DHC) with a small portion of that going to the affiliated Ronald McDonald House, and the other 40% goes to the charitable group that helps the cause. So, by adopting these ducks you help DHC, Ronald McDonald House, and, in this case, Project Care Case.
Project Care Case (PCC) provides a vital ministry and service to foster-home children. Many move from one foster-home to the next. They do not have a sense of belonging anywhere, nor having anything that truly belongs to them.
PCC helps these young people in insightful ways, designed by adults who themselves went through the system.
Many other groups support SERTOMA in this vital community service, including but not limited to High School athletic and band booster clubs and church youth groups.
You can adopt a duck online by clicking >>HERE<< and following the instructions. If you want to also support one of our affiliate non-profit groups, pick them from the list of affiliates at the bottom of the page.